Friday, April 07, 2006

07.04.06

Yeah so I was doing the blog rounds when I saw a link on Nic's site for a quiz and I found other cool quizzes there!

So I did some and some of the answers were so off the mark it wasnt funny but then I did this one:
Your Blog Should Be Blue
Your blog is a peaceful, calming force in the blogosphere.You tend to avoid conflict - you're more likely to share than rant.From your social causes to cute pet photos, your life is a (mostly) open book.
What Color Should Your Blog or Journal Be?


And it was true!! Freaky!!! LOL!!! :P

Yeah so I signed up to Blacktown City Athletics Club and got myself a singlet that obviously wasnt designed with the female body in mind. It cuts in at the boobs and flashes my bra off! Oh well I will just have to wear a different singlet underneath. I am starting in a comp tomorrow - the West Metro Cross Country - and I am a little nervous and excited! Steve said if I come last he will wait for me in the car. So supportive..........

I have been feeling really good since I am getting fitter - not so tired at the end of the night so hopefully I will be around more and get some scrapping done!

Life is all good at the moment. Luke is getting to be such a little boy now! He is growing out of being a baby and really growing up! It's scary because I dont think we are going to have any more babies, but kind of like a relief aswell as we can do more things together as a family as no naps are involved!

A lady at work today told me a story which I thought was really sad. Some mental imagary I wont lose in a hurry. 3 years ago her son was walking on the roadside at night. He was bending down doing something. A car with 2 drunk people in it thought it would be funny to run over a kangaroo. The 'kangaroo' was no kangaroo. It was a man. He was hit at 180km/h and was thrown into a tree. When the drunks came back to finish off the kangaroo they realised it was a man and pulled him out of the tree, puncturing his lung on a branch in the process. He was lucky to survive and now has no use of an arm and a leg on one side of his body. He is single and has two boys, 16 and 13, and they do the house work etc. Such great kids but such sad circumstances. Anyway, just wanted to share and get it off my chest and tell you all that its not cool to drink and drive, no matter how sober you think you are.

And with that I will leave you all tonight!
Have a good one and thanks for dropping by!!!!

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Wow I just cried. That is so sad Beth. So So Sad. And who would think it was funny to run over a KANGAROO? Let alone a person....

Wow... And poor woman, her SON.

Far out. Stupid people don't realise that people are sons, daughters, husbands, wives, mothers fathers... Ugh.

Good luck tomorrow. We'll have to catch up when we're on uni break, hopefully!

Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes after reading that sad story. Unfornately these terrible things happen all too often.

Many years ago one of my friends was killed in a car smash that was caused by a drunk driver. She died at just 18 years old and her boy friend at the time was left crippled in the same accident.

So glad to hear life is going well for you. Great work with your running and keeping fit, well done Beth. I hope Steve is proud of your efforts.

Have a fun week end and take care xxxooo

Kath said...

Wow - that's awful....

But on a lighter note - aren't husbands delightful!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL @ Steve