Friday, December 29, 2006

29.12.06

Sorry, no photos. Thats right. How bad is it when a scrapbooker does not even take one photo on Christmas Day? I will redeem myself by saying that I did videotape Christmas morning. So there is still some keepsake of the day. And thats what it is all about I guess. Preserving the memory.

Which brings me to a scrapbooking gripe. I was over at 2peas and I was cruising the gallery. I came across a layout and the poster had put a whole big paragraph in the details section explaining all about the photo. One the layout there was one sentence about the photo. One sentence that didnt explain the photo quite like the comments section. Will they remember these additional details in 10 or 20 years time?

Now to me journalling is pretty important. I never used to journal much, just the 4W's. Who why where and when. It was Erica G's open heart journalling that made me rethink my layouts about 2 years ago. I realised that in 10 years time I wont remember the background info regarding photos so I figure its better, especially for future generations to just be able to read it in the layout.

But thats just me I guess.

So, not much to show on the scrapbooking front as I havent scrapbooked in a couple of months. Purchase goods, yes. Use them, no.

So work has been tiresome. Last night I started at 6pm and then finished at 5.30 this morning. Hard stuff but I am enjoying it. My managers have told me I am doing a good job, which I am pleased about. And super happy I have now finished up with Westpac! YAY!

Well I must run as I have to get ready for work. Fun times. LOL.

Before I go, I just want to mention a special lady. Moira. She is such a beautiful person. For my birthday she sends me a card and a little surprise and she sent me a card for Christmas with another special surprise. I was so touched. You see I am a bad friend. I know it and I acknowledge it. I barely call anyone to say hi, I never send cards, nothing. I think about it, but then time gets away and I forget. So I apologise to everyone in advance for being a horrible friend! Seriously.

Well thats it from me for today!
I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and I wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Take care and thanks for stopping by!!!!! :)

5 comments:

Kylie said...

Moira is lovely, and you are terrible but we forgive you. LOL nah you're okay. And we shall see her in a few weeks time! When I speak to her I will confirm. I agree with hat you say about that layout on 2peas. For me though, sometimes I will tend to put some 'journalling' on the back of the layout if there is more I wanna say that I don't think will add to the prettyness of the layout, pmsl. But thats because my main aim is not really photo preservation. Well yeah it is, but not as much as if i had children etc.

Mel Diener said...

Moira is a gem. I know how you feel, I'm a bit slack with my friends too, and I've vowed to make a conscious effort in 2007 to let them all know some way or another how much I love and appreciate them.

Happy New Year Beth xxxxxx

bon said...

OMG--
and i thought i was bad, no i'm probably worse- i didn't take one photo of my sons last birthday, don't know why, just didn't feel like it, but of course less than a month later regreting it already...
I agree journalling is important, but sometimes it takes for the LO... I do try though.
At least you've got it on video:)

Megan said...

Hey Beth :-)

Firstly, I agree wholeheartedly with you on the scrapping/journalling thing. I love to have something to remember the photo too. Very important!

And I also agree with you regarding Moi. Bloody champion woman!

Have a fantastic New Year Beth, and all the very best for 2007.

Megan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,

I agree on the journalling thing also - I journal on all my LO's and usually in my own handwriting.

:)
Happy new year
Dee