Monday, January 01, 2007

01.01.07

Today was fun! We went out on the boat! Well, I didnt, but DH and the kids did. Now I know I didn't say it was anything spectacular, because it isn't. It's just a 12' tinny. Nothing special but makes DH happy just the same. And that makes me happy. Luke just loved it! He was so excited that he did not want to get out! We were only out for a short time as it started pelting down rain. The kids just look so adorable in their life jackets! LOL!

So it is 2007. I hope everyones New Year went off with a bang! My sister and BIL came over for a BBQ but we stuffed ourselves silly on all the nibblies that we didn't end up cooking the BBQ. But thats ok as they came over today so we had it for lunch. So I had a couple of drinks last night and we played Buzz. That is a cool game. Even if Fliss always wins!

I was a little dissapointed by the fireworks, dont get me wrong, they were spectacular, but the bridge ones were lacking. When I want to watch fireworks off the bridge, I want to see fireworks off the bridge! I think we are just so used to seeing it, thats all.

Well Christmas was fun here. The kids as usual got spoilt, and so did I this year! I got a slow cooker, a guillotine cutter thing (which I was going to test tonight but instead spent all night chatting to Kylie and Moi!) and a new cordless keyboard and mouse which I am using this instant! I was very spoilt indeedy!

So I am going to go soon as I want to read a bit more of my book before I go to bed. I am reading the DaVinci Code which is quite interesting as I didn't even know who Mary Magdaline was! LOL! I have done a bit of internet researching, like looking up the image of the Last Supper and so forth because religion is not something that we were brought up with. But I am finding it very interesting indeed.

But before I go... I have a quiz for you all to take!


GOODLUCK EVERYONE FOR A GREAT 2007!!!!!

6 comments:

bon said...

oh, the kids look just adorable... and even though it rained at least they had fun.. I've seen the movie, but haven't read the book, and i really enjoyed it, even not being really religous. Of to try your test :)
all the best for 2007!

Mel Diener said...

Glad you had a great Chrissy and New Year.

Fireworks..what fireworks lol, the closest I got to seeing fireworks this year, were the sparklers the kids lit up in the backyard rofl

Lauren said...

Good to here you had a great christmas. You love the book, I read it and now it's amazing to see the painting in real life. Josh is a bit board of churches and museums but'Dan Brown got me interested in it all.

Have a great week.

Lauren x

Lali said...

Hi Beth happy new year to you and your family glad you had a great time.

I didn't watch all the fireworks but what I saw thought the same thing.

PS How are you going with the potty trainning oh and I also got rd of the dummy with Casey and didn't have a problem.

Alicia Barry said...

Hi Beth. :)

I'll be back later for a proper read through.

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth

Happy New Year. I'm glad to read you had a nice Christmas. We did too. I hope 2007 will be a wonderful year for you all. Have a great week end and take care.