Monday, March 19, 2007

19.03.07

You know the old wives tale, if you give your baby stuff away sure enough you will fall pregnant. I knew I shouldn't have given away my pram and portacot! Yep, 8 weeks and 1 day today. We are due on our Wedding Anniversary!


I haven't been well. I have even lost a kilo. Just the very thought of food makes me feel sick! Bring on the next 4 weeks! I can't wait to be over this sickness.


I am hanging up my scissors and glue for a while. I am a little over scrapbooking at the moment. I am not finding joy in it. I find it quite boring and time consuming at the moment.


Kate turned 6 a week ago. We had a McDonalds party on the weekend. It was great! Cheap too, and I didnt have to clean up. I went to buy her a new dress to wear and I couldnt find one anywhere! I went to Pumpkin Patch to look at the maternity clothes and saw a beautiful dress down from $46 to $20. I ended up spending $57 but saved $83! Talk about some great bargains!

Kate received a bike for her birthday off us. She loves riding it. Luke on the other hand has still not managed to work out how to ride his bike. He will not use those pedals for the life of him! For a kid that can stand 5 meters away and scon you in the head with a ball, I thought for sure would pick up how to ride a bike really easy. Apparently not.
I guess thats it from me. Not much has been happening around here, especially no housework. If I am not sitting around feeling ill, I am so tired I can barely move. Lets hope the next couple of weeks goes really fast!
Thanks for stopping by! :)



18 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, Beth, congrats, that's great news! I was wondering where you'd got to. Haven't seen you posting for ages. Hope the sickness passes quickly and you can start to enjoy the pregnancy.

Mish said...

Beth, congratulations! I hope that the sickness passes real soon. Take care

xx Mish

Mel Diener said...

OMG..OMG...OMG!!!! BETH, that is AWESOME news..congratulations!!!!!

Hope the sickness subsides soon for you!!!

WOW...I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness, that is such wonderful new. You know the same thing happened to me, I kept Sarah pram etc., for 10 years, I know a long time, and 6 mths after I gave them away, I fell pregnant, typical LOL !! Oh Beth this really is such lovely news, I am so very happy for you and your family. My son was born on the 4th of October, and our wedding Anniversary is on the 3rd October just missed out.

Wow, what can I say wow !!

Lali said...

WOW a huge congratulations to you I was thinking of you the other day wondering what you were up to, well now I know LOL.

And yes the same thing happened to me when I found out I was pregnant didn't have a single thing not even a bunny rug, so enjoy take it easy hope the sickness wears off quickly and have fun shopping for baby stuff.

Unknown said...

Oh Beth wowee!!!!! Congratulations.

I haven't commented for a while, but I do stop by often.

Hope your news has sunk in & that your sickness goes really quickly!!

So happy for you.
Sandi :)

smiles1965 said...

How exciting for you all. Congratulations :)

I hope you feel much better soon and can get back to enjoying scrapbooking again before too long. I love seeing your creations.

Happy Belated Birthday to Kate. The bike looks like a lot of fun. Great photos, thanks for sharing with us Beth. Bye for now, take care and keep smiling. From Susan at Scrapboxx xxoo

TatumW said...

De-lurking to say Congratulations Beth! Hope that the magic 12 weeks comes quickly...gotta hate that nauseous and totally tired feeling. I couldn't stand the idea of scrapping for most of my preganancy last year. The smell of PP made me want to hurl and I was mostly too tired anyway! Look after yourself, Tatum xx

Chrissy said...

Oh Beth I thought that might be your "news" you were hinting at in your previous post!!! Wow!! BIG hugs of congratulations love!!! I so hope you are feeling better with it really super soon too.

Prayers and happy wishes for a wonderful pregnancy Beth! :)
Love Chrissy xx

Kylie said...

i guess now everyone knows what i was giggling about eh?!

hehehe

Mardi said...

Ohh WOW...Congratulations...that is such lovely news.
I hope you are feeling well again soon...and can once again take out your papers and scissors....
Look after yourself...
Mardi x

lusi said...

he he he!!!! you know how happy I am for you guys!!! :) I'm so glad Kate had a happy birthday too - gotta love Maccas parties hey! I'll ring ya this week....did you see your lo in SM in the Creative Design team bit? Well done to you clever one!
Chat soon, yeah?
Lus x

Kath said...

WTG Beth and steve!!!!!

Congrats -hope the sickness toddles off soon so you can enjoy it!!

Happy birthday to Kate too!

Allison Winchester said...

WOW what fantastic news...so happy i visited your blog today.
Well when you are not feeling the joy in scrapping I aggree that it is best to give it a rest and come back to it when the joy in it returns....I guess you are also tired and not so good right now too which doesn't help.
Congratulations adn I will be praying for a healthy stress free pregnancy
A.

A Juggling Mum said...

Oh Oh Oh Oh woo hoo :) Congrats Beth, how exciting for you :)

I hope you start to feel better real soon, I remember all to well how yucky those first few weeks are.

How did you keep it a secret for so long?. I'm hopeless and can't keep my mouth shut........lol!

Melanie H said...

Biggest congratulations Beth, thats wonderful news.

Hope the sickness wears off real soon.

Cass said...

Congratulations. Hope the morning sickness passes quickly and the rest of the pregnancy is smooth sailing.

Yvette Adams said...

Oh my goodness! i just read that you are pregnant! Congratulations. That is so cool.
I loved reading about your first job too. I was recently reminiscing about my first job (which I HATED) and I did a layout about it. Coincidence :)