Thursday, November 02, 2006

02.11.06

So I have been MIA. Sorry about that. I have been buggered from work and we have had some hectic weekends. This last almost 3 weeks has gone so fast it is unbelievable!

So we went to the airshow and had a great time! This is Steve, Kate and Luke sitting in a helicopter. My favourite displays were the dancing helicopters - 2 helicopters in sync 'dancing' so close I thought they were going to crash! The F111's were awesome with their dump and burns. My other fav was the FA18's and their speed and agility. Awesome stuff.



So we went Trick or Treating on tuesday with the kids and SIL. Wow! The kids had the best time and did not want to go home!!! Cant blame them though, you dont get lollies everyday for dressing up and knocking on doors! It was so funny with some of the things they ended up with, like a packet of burger rings! I think because they looked cute, yes I am biased, that people wanted to give them something. We just did our small little block, but boy, did they score big time! LOL! So many treats! They are allowed 2 a day! We had a few people who came to our door but not many, so next year, I am going all out!
I am going to stick a pumpkin on our letterbox so people know to come to us! Seriously, if you didn't do it this year, do it next year! Your kids will enjoy it! Kate went as Hermione out of Harry Potter and Luke when as a yarrrr pirate!
I am such a mean mum! I took Luke's dummies off them the other night while he was asleep and cut the rubber off them! He has become so attached to them it wasn't funny! He would have one in his mouth and one in each hand. So they 'broke'. He was cranky to begin with but he is getting better now. It has only been 3 days so hopefully in a few more he wont even remember what a dummy was! The thing is, in just 3 short days, his speech has improved so much! I can actually understand him!
Besides that, not much else has been happening. Just work and house stuff. Boring. It must have been a full moon this week as all the loonies have been out in force at work! I am so over the place it isnt funny. I applied for a new job so we shall see how that goes. Not getting my hopes up, I just thought I would apply on a whim.
Anyway, thanks for stopping by and take care!!! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you have blogged again Beth, the kids looks great, and yes Stella wants to do it next year so I think I might cave.

As for the dummy how old is Luke cause I am having a terrible time with Casey it would be in her mouth 24/7 if I let her and now with her starting to talk it is hard enough trying to understand her let alone with a dummy in her mouth she is nearly 2 1/2.

BethJ said...

Hiya Lali! Luke is 3 in January. :)

Anonymous said...

Good to know you had such fun at the airshow. That's a terrific photo of Steve and the kids.

Good luck with Luke and his dummies. I hope by now he has forgotten all about them and realises he doesn't need them anymore. Just another sign he is growing up eh Beth!

The kids look fantastic dressed up here for Halloween, great costumes. Amanda went to a school Halloween Disco last Friday night and dressed as a princess fairy (too cute). I think most kids love dressing up don't they.

Have a fun week end. It was lovely to have a quick chat with you the other night on MSN, thanks:)

Sharryn Thomson said...

Hi gorgeous girl :)
How cute are those scary Halloween'ers..LOL I never took the boys this year I just had so much on. :( Boy..were the pissed off..ROFL
Good luck with the new job...and Lukes dummy.
Cheers
Sharryn :)

Lauren said...

Hay Beth,

Your little trick or treaters are so cute!! Holloween is big here and there were kids every where in the estste we live in, even though it was 10 degs! I guess all the sweets are worth it. lol

Have a great weekend,
Lauren x