Thursday, July 05, 2007

05.07.07

Run, don't walk, over to Memory Bugs and check out my new challenge section. Woohoo! LOL! I was so excited to be asked to set these fortnightly challenges as I love setting challenges! These are not your normal challenges though. I find challenges that restrict what product and colours you use hard to do. So, I went in a different direction. If you upload the layouts to the gallery you can be in the running to win a $10 voucher. I will also post the challenges here because I think they are fantastic! (if I do say so myself! LOL!)


The Not Quite Perfect Photo Challenge!
Yep, we all have these! LOTS of these! The blurry ones, the ones where not everyone is looking the same direction, the ones where the composition is just off balance. But these are some of our most favourite photos because of the people in them, or the story they tell. Scrapbooking doesn't
have to have perfect photos all the time. So go on, scrap that photo. You've got nothing to lose, except the precious memory behind it! Any topic.


So, for some strange reason I woke up on monday and decided that I just had to enter Masters. I know. I have spoken about this alot. I thought the due date was July 31st. No. It is the 13th. So I have set myself a challenge to get this done! I have almost finished my mini album. About to start on my storage idea which is expanding on my original BTP idea. I have my layouts in my head so hopefully they wont take long. So, well, I am scrapping. Wow. I even set up my scrapping table yesterday as I need it to take photos of my storage idea. DH came home and just shook his head! LOL! The house is going to shambles though and I am resisting the urge to go and clean it! LOL!


So we went out on the boat the other day. Steve bought this boat just before we moved and this was the first time we went out on it. He has spent many an hour doing modifications to it. You see, he bought the hull new which mean it was just that, the hull. No lights, no nothing. So he has put in a couple of little floors to make it easier for him to fish off. He has connected all his lights up and wired it all up. He has carpeted the seats, which I tell you, make for a much more comfortable ride! LOL! He really has put his little heart and soul into this thing for the last 6 weeks. It looks really well done too. It better as he is not getting another boat for a very long time.

<----Luke came with us. He likes the boat although he doesnt like the sound of the motor, but he like going fast. Speaking of Luke, we have had a really nice week so far. I do miss Kate terribly as she is at Grandma and Pops, but it has been nice with just me and Luke and not having to do the 9am and 3pm school rush! We have been doing stuff. Nothing much really. Just stuff. Painting, playdoh. Stuff. Although I wish I didn't get up in the morning with him watching Saving Private Ryan. That movie has now been confiscated. He is really into guns but he is 3 and does not need to be watching these things. Hmmm. Right now I am looking at him and he is using his leg as a gun trying to shoot me. Sigh. Butter wouldn't melt in that mouth now, would it?

Well, I am off work tonight as Steve has gone away for work. I like work. But I also really like having a night off every now and then. Especially since I have scrapping to do! ;)

Well, the weather is wild here today. I am not planning on going out in it at all! I am not even hanging out the washing for fear it will be blown off the line! Such wild, wild weather lately.

Ok, I better go, my kitchen table is calling my name to go and scrap and I will con Luke into painting with me! Thanks for stopping by!
:)

11 comments:

Melanie H said...

I love that challenge Beth, I have the most gorgoeus photo of Lillee but its blurry. Lol

Might have to print it and scrap it.
Good luck with the Masters, I bet you will blow them away.

Anonymous said...

OMG, Luke has grown so much!!!
xx

Anonymous said...

OMG Beth,

I have just checked in here, been absent for ages, only to discover that you are pregnant. How did I miss that. Congratulations!! What wonderful news. I can definitely relate to all your fears and worries, and even to the name you've picked out (My Amy is now 9 months old).

You won't regret it for a second, so I'm wishing you all the best for the next few months and hope you continue on being fit and well.

Take Care
Fran xx

PS Congrats on the new house too. Don't pick up too many heavy boxes now!

Sharryn Thomson said...

Hi chick,
Wouldn't worry too much about the gun thing. I remember Josh as a little boy around the same age infatuated by the bloody things to the point that I thought he would be a mass murderer when he got older!!
It seemed to go for YEARS!!
He got over them...thank God being in his 20's and sleeping in the next room to him...LOL
Shouldn't laugh...it really was a concern back then!!
As for watching movies over and over..my father used to think it was really funny to let Josh sit there and watch Chucky!! You know..that stupid doll that stabs and kills people? Hmmmmmmmmm...
Anyways..he has turned into a well-balanced 20 yr old...well mostly well-balanced...LOL
Love Steves boat! Good on him for doing it up like that and good on you for entering Masters again this year. You're a shoe in chick and I wish you all the best.
Hope the new bubs is playing nice!!
Cheers
Sharryn :)

TatumW said...

Am hearing you on that 13th/31st thing....I'm sure it was the 31st LOL! Good luck getting your entry done, you did awesome last year! Have a great weekend. Tatum xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth

Susan (smiles1965) here. It's great catch up on all your news.

Good luck getting your Masters entry all finished. I'm sure everything you make for it will look fabulous, your very talented :)

Steve's new boat looks terrific. He sure has been doing a lot of work on it lately. Luke looks adorable all dressed up in his life jacket.

I hope Kate's been having fun at the Grandparents house this week. It's lovely for her to have some quality time with them and give you some one on one time with Luke.

As for the house move and unpacking don't stress too much. I'm sure lots of people who move house don't get every box unpacked by a certain time. I know we didn't.

It will all happen when your ready or when your looking for a certain something that you can't find and you realise it's still in a box somewhere.

I'm sure in time you will get more used to having a 3rd baby. Try not to worry too much yet. Just enjoy the beautiful life you have inside you and everything will fall into place once she is born.

We all have days that we feel overwhelmed and concerned about the future Beth. God knows I do and I only have one child.

Your a wonderful mother already and your a very sensible and capable women. Baby 3 will bring you lots of joy and happiness.

Congratulations for you and Steve being together for 9 years. That's wonderful news. Be proud of yourselves and remember how much you have been through together as a couple and as parents.

You have already achieved so much and I'm sure you will have a lot of fun adding this new baby girl to your already beautiful family.

Have a great week and take good care of yourself. Love from Susan xxoo

Kath said...

Howdy!!!!! Loving your challenge box - now if only I can get motivated and scrap!!!LOL

Mel Diener said...

Woohoo, I'm so glad you are entering masters, and you had BETTER show me the finished products lol.

Sorry, I haven't been around much, just enjoying my no computer life a bit too much atm.

Melxxxx

Melissa Goodsell said...

Thanks for saying hi Beth :O)

Yep, I agree, there is nothing better than scrapping the not so perfect photos, I really enjoy doing.
Goodluck with your Masters entry Beth :O)
Melx

Anonymous said...

Hey chickadee,

Wow I've been wondering how you're going, and you're entering Masters now - you mad woman!!! Hmm, sounds like some other masters comp....lol

I've been reading about your pregnancy - and wanted to say that your fears I have no doubt are NORMAL and if you weren't considering every side then maybe it'd be a worry.

You'll ace it I have no doubt as look at the two gorgeous babies you've had already and you've raised them with less experience than this time ;) Ooo I can't wait to see baby layouts from you Ms Beth :)

Take care - Nic xx

Petrina McDonald said...

Congrats on your fab new challenges - Cassie was telling me about it so I had better go and check it out! Love, P.