Sunday, May 06, 2007

07.05.07

So. Firstly, I have been tagged by Moira, Jolene, Debbie and Sue. Thanks guys!

The rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

1. I hate coffee. I eat everything, except anything with coffee in it or coffee flavoured.


2. I was a racewalker when I was growing up, I was good at it, held regional records and got medals at nationals and all, but never really tried my hardest and I was always slack at training. (I hope mum and dad dont read this!)

3. I have travelled to every state except NT and TAS for athletics, even to NZ (not that it is an Australian state! LOL!)

4. I am studying Civil Engineering at uni by correspondence. When I finish I want to become a maths teacher.

5. I love mail, even if it is bills and I get dissapointed if we get no mail. I think junk mail is the best thing ever invented! I love it!

6. My children were born at the same hospital that I was.

7. I read newspapers backwards.

Now I am going to tag, ummm, well, I think everybody has been tagged by now! Oh, except
Lusi, Steph Lim, Mel Moor, Kylie, Sandi, Lauren and Cass.

So I am now 15w and 1d pregnant. Considering I found out really early, it seems to be flying! Only 24w and 6d to go! EEK! So the baby is about 10cm long and weighs about 70 grams. I am supposed to be able to feel it move and stuff, but not yet, everytime I lie down I tend to fall asleep so I havent been able to stay nice and still and awake long enough. LOL! I still have a little bit of sickness, like this morning I went to do my hair and teeth and I had to sit on the loo as I got really dizzy and lightheaded and felt like I was going to be sick. Ugh.

Luke has decided that he no longer needs the pram to walk Kate to school in the morning. Oh no. He uses his tiny skateboard instead! It takes about twice as long but he is so cute so it is hard to say no. *Note to self - get photos of him riding his skateboard.*

Speaking of photos, my camera has been sent to Fuji for some repairs. Nothing was wrong with it so dont let me scare you off Fuji's, but when it has fallen to the tiles from the kitchen table, assisted by the cat, things break. Like the flap that holds the batteries in. Lucky I have my old camera, even if it does have the worst shutter lag ever. I forgot how much I DIDNT miss that! It's all good. Insurance will cover it if it costs too much.

So I made a cushion last week. It is a country cushion for my couch. I was very pleased with my efforts! I have decided to make my house a little countrified because of the timber floors etc. I bought some magazines and was saying to Steve, oh I want to do this and oh I like this etc. He just says 'you aren't going to do too many of these are you?'. HMPH! It's my house and I want to make it look pretty!!!! So now I am making Kate a cushion which says 'Strictly girls only' then she wants a blanket. She doesnt want much, hey? I wanted to do a table runner first before I embarked on anything big like a blanket!

Other than that, I am supposed to be making some bookmarks for the Mother's Day stall at Kate's school. Just something simple, but nice enough. I will get onto that today. I also got some facewashers and some bars of soap and wrapped them in tissue paper for the stalls also.

Speaking of Kate's school, I have decided to move her to the school close to our new house, not until the beginning of next year though. It is as close as this one is to us now, so a 5 minute walk, which is good. Plus I have heard some really good stuff about it, so I am feeling quite positive about the move.

KiwiScraps last weekend was THE BEST!!! I dont normally do classes as I am never happy walking away with a layout just like every one else. This was totally different. I learnt stuff. I think I finished 1 layout out of my 7 classes. The tutors were awesome! Rhonna Farrer is like that sister out of that US sitcom that used to be on channel 7 at about 11am, Faith and Hope, well she is exactly like the younger sister! She was so cool! Tia Bennett was so cute and her accent was just even cuter! For days I was talking in my head with her accent! Emily was very cool and laid back and so friendly! Nic Howard was very cool, and gave me some spare New Zealand chocolate to take home to Steve. New Zealander's think they have the best chocolate in the world! LOL! Oh and my ring tone on my mobile is a sheep baaing - you can imagine my embarrassment when it rang in Nic's class!!! OMG! LOL! So I learnt sooo much and I am so eager to scrap!!! I just havent found the time yet (and Steve wants me to pack it all up for the move!) The best part of the weekend was being roommates with Lusi and Mel. I was really comfortable with these two. Like an old pair of socks! LOL! You guys rock! Oh and so did that kebab! Mmmmmmm!!! Yep, one of the best weekends to date!

Well, thats about it from me. I have bookmarks to make and packing to do. Only 3 more weeks till settlement! How exciting!!!

Take care and thanks for stopping by! :)

5 comments:

lusi said...

Oh happy bookmark making hun! And I LOVED rooming with you and Mel too...such great fun :) mmmm kebabs....mmm kebabs...oh sorry and yeah um i wanna see a photo of this funky little country cushion!

Lots of love and scary hugs :)
Lus x

Chrissy said...

Hey there Beth! Kiwi was heaps of fun hey! I don't know why it didn't click when Lus said "This is Beth" that it was YOU!! LOL Oh dear, I'm so scatter brained!! LOL

Have fun with the bookmarks for M Day, I'm sure they are going to be oh so gorgeous!

Hugs and take care
Chrissy xx

Anonymous said...

You have been busy!
Loved the update. Will call you again sometime.
x

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh do you have extra hours in you day that no one else gets! Your so so so busy.

I would love to go to Kewi Scraps maybe one day. Enjoyr your week,

Lauren x

Mel Diener said...

15wks..wow, that has gone fast, you must be getting a nice little podgey belly by now.

Glad to hear you are well and keeping busy.

Mel xxx