Wednesday, February 14, 2007

14.02.06

I look around and me and my house is a mess and yet I am sitting here on this computer looking at nothing in particular and putting off the inevitable.

I have to clean.

But not only that, I have to declutter and just basically get organised.

Now that I am getting used to the lack of sleep, I am getting around 4 1/2 hours a night, I think it's time I started to reorganise!

Day 1
Fold mountain of washing
Change linen on the beds
Go through linen closet (since I bought new sheets last week at a fantastic price!)


That should be enough for today. Luckily we are having leftovers for dinner tonight - I made to yummiest barbecue chicken in the slow cooker yesterday. I got the recipe from my mothers group friend
Rachel. So we are having it with some rice and vegies.

Anyway, since I have sat here, Luke has decided to make some more mess, not that you can really tell. So I better hightail it and go and start on my to do list.

I am SO not a domestic goddess.............

11 comments:

Melli M said...

Hi Beth! I'm a friend of Lusi's ( I teach at SP & T ,too )& she told me to pop in to your blog !! Nice to "meet " you! How cool is Lus?? When I read your Housework issues I thought "FLYlady". No, I'm not mad...maybe a bit...check out her website! She has seriously made the HUGEST differnce to my home & how I deal with keeping up with it!

Mel

Megan said...

Me either Beth....I loathe housework.

Good luck with it all!!

Megan xx

Cass said...

Hehehe... I immediately thought of Flylady too! I can't believe how much easier it is to keep on top of the housework with her emails.
How do you survive on 4.5 hours sleep?

Cass

Kylie said...

yeah how the bloody hell do you survive on that much sleep? freak

HEY OMG i just realised its letting me comment! it hasn't been letting me. something must be wrong. my computer must be about to explode. woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

anyway

must catch up soon

Lali said...

LOL about the domestic godess, I have mess etc. but somedays just can't get organised then am running around like a chook without a head come night time.

Anonymous said...

Oh Beth, ummmm !!! housework YUK, doing when can...... not often LOL !! not true, but hate doing it.

What a lovely photo of you and Lusi, great scrapping material.

Have a great weekend.

Carole.

Giovanna Scott said...

Oh Beth, you mean you actually need to FOLD washing once it's dry??????? PMSL! :)

Alicia Barry said...

I'm not a fan of housework either, but heyt, the quicker it's done, the momre time you have to scrap!

A Juggling Mum said...

Hi Beth,

I know where you are coming from with the housework. I'm looking around at a mess too :( I don't know how you function on just 4.5 hours of sleep a night!

I'm glad you liked the Barbecued chicken, it's yummy isn't it :)

Chrissy said...

*sigh* We have Mt Washmore in our house often too! Today I managed to get through a fair bit, mainly becuase our Em is going on camp tomorrow so I washed, dried, folded and ironed every piece of clothing she owned so that packing tonight would be easier. LOL

Forgot to say in the previous post how CUTE you and Lus look in that piccy!! So sweet! :-)

Huggles!
Chrissy xx

Mel Diener said...

Beth, don't remind me, I'm sitting here whilst my house needs some urgent tlc..eeek